It’s an exciting time when you are your children begin decorating their kids playhouse. It’s a wonderful bonding experience with your children while creating that special play space that your child can call his own. The best part of decorating a play house is selecting just the right furniture to go into the house. The pieces that you and your child pick will determine the type of look and feel for the playhouse. That is very important. First and foremost, the furniture that is picked out must be safe!
Use these tips to avoid making mistakes when selecting kids playhouse furniture:
1. Antique toys, vintage baby bassinets for doll babies, or any old items that are painted with lead based paint should never be added to a kids playhouse. Many times parents fail to recognize the hazards of lead poisoning when it comes to vintage toys. Although seemingly harmless, paint can chip and be inhaled or ingested inadvertently by your child.
2. Furniture that has not been properly cleaned should never be introduced into a kids outdoor playhouse. Furniture that could provide just the look you want, like a bean bag chair or cute kids sofa, may not be as clean as you think! Before you put it in that playhouse, take the extra step and spend the money to have it cleaned and sanitized. Fabrics and cushions can harbor many types of germs. Don’t take the chance of exposing your child to ringworm, animal dander or other bugs that potentially can live on used furniture. Used furniture is great for an outdoor playhouse, but only if it’s totally clean and safe!
3. Avoid sharp edges and pointed tips to any tables, signs, hooks or chairs. Opt for tables or free-standing furniture that has rounded edges. Children can be clumsy and they fall often. If your child falls onto a pointed or sharp edge, it could result in a serious injury. No parent would want their child to go through that, so it’s best to select furniture that is rounded and, of course, ultra-safe.
With the right pieces of furniture, a kids playhouse can absolutely be a kids paradise. As a parent, after implementing these tips, you can be assured that the playhouse is not only great looking, but also safe!
Whether hiding in a kids playhouse or digging in the dirt that may surround one, just being outside of their regular house is a major deal for little ones. Families that provide their children with a place to interact with the great outdoors, such as a playhouse, have a wonderful opportunity to introduce their children to many fascinating aspects of nature. To encourage your child to have more interaction with the flora and fauna that liven up our world, here are three valuable tips to make this happen:
1. Plant a tree with your child! Your child may want to create a landscape for the area surrounding their kids playhouse. A great way to go about this is to design a simple landscape plan, choose the plants, and then plant trees, flowers, seed or bulbs. A child can learn the value of nature in regards to the food chain while doing this activity. As your child plays, your little one can take a moment to tend to their baby trees and seedlings. This is a great chance for your child to learn, in a comfortable and safe environment, about nature and the outdoors.
2. Always be sure to “bug” them! The world of insects is very fascinating and there are many kid-friendly science kits, tools and equipment that are available to make learning about insects fun and captivating. You may want to invite some six legged "friends" into the kids playhouse where your child can elect to do thier own research. Include an area to keep books on insects and a place to display your budding scientist’s insect collection. Even if the insects are dead, it will work! Insects serve our world in a number of ways including their pollination activities. Children may be surprised to learn that some of the foods that they eat are made better because of bugs!
3. Catch the breeze…and the rain! With a few minor add ons, your kids playhouse can become a weather station. Some useful tools for helping children to understand and track the weather include a video camera for actually being able to see the differences in the way rain and wind moves, a weather vane to monitor the direction of the wind, a rain gauge which can also be used to catch water for watering plants, and a weather journal so that they can chart or describe what they see.
Your child’s wooden kids playhouse is more than just a toy hut or place for frolicking. An amazing nature center can be created to teach your kid about the stunning outdoors, marvelous animals, insects and weather. Your child’s playhouse could influence your child into becoming a budding scientist thereby potentially changing our world for the better!
Weird but true, a kids playhouse could be a real savior for those that need to get some shopping done with their little ones. It’s a lot to ask of a child to go from store to store, never being allowed to touch those things that seem to be the most attractive to a child, and being compelled not to make too much noise. The entire experience can be enough to make many kids cringe and cry…especially if the excursion to the mall will be an ENTIRE DAY. But, having come to understand this, many shopping malls have begun to add in really cool places for children to retreat to…a kids playhouse!
When planning a shopping trip to the mall with your kids, it isn’t hard but it can be a little more complicated. This may call for you to be more strategic about how and where you shop with them in tow. Opt for malls that have kid-friendly play areas that include structures such as a KidKraft Kids Playhouse that will be a great place for you child to escape to if he or she becomes extremely tired as you try to buy the things that you need or want. An excellent way to do this it to go to the play area after visiting several stores. When interacting with your child in the kids playhouse area, encourage open-ended play that when you leave you and your child can resume at a later time. That way, your child will get out his or her “shopping anxiety”, he or she will also have something to look forward to, and you can use it as a leverage for better in-store behavior.
It’s great for the malls to provide a kids playhouse for children because it gives them a chance to do all of the touching and feeling as they explore the environment that they are in. Children need to know that they matter and when there is a place specifically designated for them, they usually get a sense that they “belong” at the mall also and that it’s not just a place for grown-ups. As kids watch adults shopping, they observe that the shopping experience is very tactile. A kids playhouse can help alleviate the “touch” envy that some kids have and for fussier kids, it may even calm them down.
Shoppers enjoy having a kids playhouse to help keep their children happy druing their mall excursion. Beyond play, parents are likely to understand the greater utility of having it in such a popular place. After they experience having a kids playhouse nearby once, chances are everyone that is out with you will appreciate it, and be really, really glad that it’s there!