Interesting Facts I
1. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
(Hardly seems worth it)
2. If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
(Now that’s more like it)
3. A pig’s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
(In my next life I want to be a pig)
(How’d they figure this out, and why?)
4. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
(Still can’t get over that pig thing)
(Don’t try this at home…maybe at work?)
5. Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(Is that why Flipper was always smiling?)
(And pigs get 30-minute orgasms? Doesn’t seem fair)
6. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
7. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
(If you’re ambidextrous do you split the difference?)
8. The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
(From drinking little bottles of…?)
(Did taxpayers pay for this research??)
9. Polar bears are left handed.
(Who knew….? Who cares? How’d they find out, did they ask them?)
10. The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What can be so tasty on the bottom of the pond?)
11. The flea can jump 350 times its body length.
It’s like a human jumping the length of a football field.
(30 minutes…can you imagine?? And why pigs?)
12. A cockroach will live nine days without it’s head, before it starves to death.