A Twenty-Nine Year Old Bouncer at A Private Cabaret Learns Why Alcohol Poisoning Signs and Symptoms are So Important and How They Can Save An Individual’s Life

Just a week ago, Frank applied for a position as a bouncer at one of the local discos. He had studied aikido, karate, judo, gatka, and ninjitsu for ten years; he was a body builder; he took daily supplements, vitamins, and minerals; he was into healthy eating and health foods; and he seemed well suited for such a position. In truth, due to the fact that he was concerned about his health, he started drinking in moderation about four years ago and then totally quit drinking alcohol around six months ago.

When Frank received the announcement that he had been selected for the job, he was exceedingly happy. Due to the fact that this was an elite disco, nonetheless, he had to go through a four week instructional class.

Drinkers At Nightspots Who Drink In an Abusive Manner and Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms and Signs

On the first day of class, the instructor started talking about drinkers who drink too much and what the bouncers, bartenders, and barmaids should do when this condition arises. When the teacher started discussing alcohol poisoning, Frank was happy to find out that all of the new bartenders, barmaids, and bouncers were required to learn about alcohol poisoning and what they should do when they witnessed a person who was manifesting alcohol poisoning symptoms or exhibiting the signs of alcohol poisoning.

More explicitly, all the new workers learned that nausea and vomiting were almost always the first signs of alcohol poisoning and that unconsciousness was conceivably the most highly noticeable alcohol poisoning sign or symptom. The trainer also made it a point to underscore the fact that alcohol poisoning signs were signals from the body and from the brain that the person has ingested more alcohol than his or her body can metabolize.

There were, nevertheless, numerous other signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning that all the new bartenders, bouncers, and barmaids were trained to be aware of. For example, the members in the class discovered that individuals who suffer from alcohol poisoning are difficult to awaken, exhibit poor reflex responses, exhibit confusion, and they often have seizures.

Furthermore, the students in the class were made aware that many individuals who experience alcohol poisoning also display blue tinged or pale skin; little response from painful stimuli, for instance from pinching; slurred speech; and slow, shallow or irregular breathing.

Additionally, drinkers who suffer from alcohol poisoning repeatedly display erratic behavior, often pass out, exhibit an inability to make eye contact or sustain a conversation, and they usually feel very ill and exhibit excessive vomiting.

A Lecturer Give Details Why An Alcohol Overdose is Not Inevitably Experienced Only by Individuals Who Are Addicted to Alcohol

The instructor then made it clear that alcohol poisoning is not inevitably experienced only by alcohol dependent people.

More precisely, the teacher informed the members of the class that most cases of alcohol poisoning were in all probability experienced by abusive drinkers and that a specific type of alcohol abuse called “binge drinking” was most likely the fundamental precipitating factor in most instances of alcohol poisoning. The lecturer then defined binge drinking as follows: consuming four or more alcoholic beverages at one sitting for females and drinking five or more alcoholic drinks at one sitting for males.

To emphasize the influence that binge drinking has on alcohol poisoning, the teacher told the students in the class that an individual who gets inebriated once or twice annually, is by definition engaging in abusive drinking, is in all likelihood not an alcoholic, but is more likely than not engaging in binge drinking. As expressed by the teacher, engaging in binge drinking even once, unfortunately, can lead to alcohol poisoning that in some circumstances can be lethal.

The Trainer Clarifies Why Letting An Individual With an Alcohol Overdose Sleep is Not An Acceptable Course of Action

One of the members of the class raised his hand and asked the teacher if it is a good idea to let a person with alcohol poisoning “sleep it off.” The teacher claimed that letting an individual with alcohol poisoning sleep is specifically what should not be done because doing so places the individual at risk since he or she is no longer being observed. Furthermore, letting the individual go to sleep when she or he experiences alcohol poisoning is an incorrect response because the person may never awaken.

The trainer then told the members in the class that the most appropriate response for alcohol poisoning is the following: if it is suspected that an individual has alcohol poisoning, call 911 and ask for immediate medical assistance, even if the person is underage. By taking this plan of action, the drinker will get the prompt alcohol poisoning medical attention he or she requires.

Conclusion

After learning about alcohol poisoning and especially about the symptoms and signs of alcohol poisoning, it can be emphasized, Frank realized that he had learned some valuable information that might save a person’s life down the road. Undeniably, Frank learned that knowledge of the typical alcohol poisoning symptoms and signs and knowing how to quickly and appropriately respond to such signs and symptoms (by promptly calling 911 and asking for emergency medical assistance) can help an individual avoid a deadly alcohol overdose.