A Thirty Year Old Bouncer at An Elite Nightspot Learns Why Alcohol Overdose Signs and Symptoms are So Significant and How They Can Save A Person’s Life

Just two weeks ago, Frank applied for a position as a bouncer at one of the local clubs. He had studied karate, ninjitsu, gatka, judo, and aikido for eight years; he was a body builder; he took daily vitamins, minerals, and supplements; he was into health foods and healthy eating; and he seemed like a natural for such a job. If truth be told, since he was concerned about his health, he started drinking in moderation about four years ago and then totally quit drinking alcohol approximately three months ago.

When Frank received the word that he had been chosen for the job, he was exceedingly pleased. Due to the fact that this was an exclusive disco, however, he had to go through a four week training class.

People At Discos Who Drink Abusively and Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms and Signs

On the first day of class, the teacher started talking about drinkers who drink excessively and what the barmaids, bartenders, and bouncers should do when this circumstance arises. When the lecturer started speaking about alcohol poisoning, Frank was happy to find out that all of the new bouncers, barmaids, and bartenders were required to learn about alcohol poisoning and what they should do when they noticed a person who was manifesting alcohol poisoning symptoms or manifesting the signs of alcohol poisoning.

More directly, all the new bartenders, barmaids, and bouncers learned that nausea and vomiting were almost always the first signs of alcohol poisoning and that unconsciousness was conceivably the most highly noticeable alcohol poisoning sign or symptom. The trainer also made it a point to highlight the fact that alcohol poisoning symptoms were messages from the brain and from the body that the person has consumed more alcohol than his or her body can process.

There were, nevertheless, quite a few other symptoms and signs of alcohol poisoning that all the new workers were trained to be aware of. For example, the members of the class learned that individuals who suffer from alcohol poisoning exhibit poor reflex responses, are difficult to awaken, exhibit confusion, and they often have seizures.

Not only this but, the class members were made aware that many drinkers who suffer from alcohol poisoning also manifest blue tinged or pale skin; little response from painful stimuli, for instance from pinching; slurred speech; and slow, shallow or irregular breathing.

Not only this but, individuals who experience alcohol poisoning frequently pass out, exhibit an inability to make eye contact or sustain a conversation, they often display erratic behavior, and they usually feel very ill and exhibit excessive vomiting.

A Teacher Explains Why An Alcohol Overdose is Not Always Suffered Only by Alcoholics.

The trainer then stated that alcohol poisoning is not always experienced only by people who are addicted to alcohol.

More exactly, the trainer informed the class members that most instances of alcohol poisoning were almost certainly experienced by abusive drinkers and that a distinctive type of abusive drinking known as “binge drinking” was conceivably the main precipitating factor in most situations involving alcohol poisoning. The trainer then defined binge drinking as follows: ingesting five or more alcoholic drinks at one sitting for males and drinking four or more alcoholic beverages at one sitting for females.

To underscore the impact that binge drinking has on alcohol poisoning, the trainer informed the members in the class that a drinker who gets inebriated just once or twice annually, is by definition engaging in abusive drinking, is in all likelihood not an alcohol dependent person, but is in all probability engaging in binge drinking. As stated by the instructor, engaging in binge drinking even once, sadly, can lead to alcohol poisoning that in some situations can be fatal.

The Trainer Clarifies Why Letting A Person With an Alcohol Overdose Sleep is Not A Suitable Plan of Action

One of the students in the class raised his hand and asked the lecturer if it is a good idea to let an individual with alcohol poisoning “sleep it off.” The instructor claimed that letting an individual with alcohol poisoning go to sleep is exactly what should not be done because doing so places the drinker at risk since he or she is no longer being observed. In addition, letting the person sleep when she or he experiences alcohol poisoning is a faulty response because the individual may never awaken.

The teacher then told the members of the class that the most appropriate response for alcohol poisoning is the following: if it is suspected that an individual has alcohol poisoning, call 911 and ask for immediate medical assistance, even if the person is underage. By taking this course of action, the drinker will get the prompt alcohol poisoning treatment he or she needs.

Summary

After learning about alcohol poisoning and particularly about the symptoms and signs of alcohol poisoning, it may be pointed out, Frank understood that he had learned some vital information that might save an individual’s life in the future. Without a doubt, Frank learned that knowledge of the familiar alcohol poisoning signs and symptoms and knowing how to properly and quickly respond to such symptoms and signs (by promptly calling 911 and asking for emergency medical assistance) can help a drinker avoid a fatal case of alcohol poisoning.