A lot of people get affected by sinus infection each year. Sinusitis once found to be affecting your body, would be recurring in body in future. Sinus infection is caused due to various intruders or through bacteria, fungus. It can also be caused due to allergy and other pollutants. Sinus infection, also called as sinusitis, is caused when the cavities located in the skull get filled by air.
Dry air especially, is then considered to be the main caused for the sinus infection. Sinusitis can be recurring; it can be chronic or acute. It can lead to body disorders or bone infection in face. It can create exacerbation of respiratory acts. Infection can be extended to nose, eye and brain areas.
Chances of future instance of sinus occurrence increase. At times medicine turns out to be non-functional. Head ache and cold are some symptoms that continue to stay despite of all the treatments and preventive measures. Herbal cures for sinus are available since quite some time.
Herbs are the safest option to use. They do not have any side effects as compared to that given by other medicines. Some of the most common herbal medicines that can cure sinus infections are:
• Licorice – Licorice is an herb whose root will assist you to reduce the inflammation and would stimulate your body immunization. Improved body stimulation means better ability to fight out the sinus infections. You can either consume the licorice capsules that would boost your immune system.
Two types of licorice herbs are available.
• Eucalyptus – A fragrant herb, it helps to cure your soar throat. It can be consumed in form of tea or capsule.
• Peppermint – Peppermint has got anti-inflammatory properties. This property of pepper mint slows down the mucous membranes. Hence drinking hot peppermint tea is helpful. You can also inhale peppermint steam. Peppermint scent helps you to have a normal breathing whenever you inhale it.
• Ginger – It prevents head aches and helps you get relief from pain. This is because ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and substances. It can be consumed in the form of a capsule.
Sinus can be avoided by consumption of certain types of herb and food supplements:
• Lemon balm – It helps to fight bacteria and germs and can be had in form of tea. One can soak the dried leaves in warm water for some time and then rinse it and drink or gargle.
• Echinacea – it helps to kill viruses in body. It can be consumed in form of tea or capsule. It helps to improve the body immunity. It should not be consumed when you are allergic to ragweed
• Vitamins – Vitamin like vitamin C along with zinc would help to reduce the occurrence and length of cold. You can take these in form lozenge during winters.
Consumption food rich in antioxidants like blueberries, artichokes, red beans, cranberries and pomegranates also help you to develop immunity and fight bacteria and viruses.
Herbal cures are always the best as they are completely harmless.
Get competent suggestions in the sphere of boosting immune system – this is your own knowledge pack.